Okay, time for true confessions. I need to come clean. I have a shameful secret...
I still eat fast food.
At the beginning of this servant year, our house made a decision to try to eat vegetarian, not only for our own health, but also because meat costs a lot and causes so many environmental issues. We have mostly achieved this goal, with only a few meals that included a non-vegetarian option, but I have NOT.
Every Sunday, on my way home from church, I sneak a burger. I know, it's bad, it's dishonest, it's kind of disgusting. And believe me, with a mostly vegetarian diet, I pay for it digestively.
BUT I CAN'T RESIST!
| http://www.goodtimesburgers.com/ |
My favorite vice is Good Times. First of all, they remind me of Culver's, which holds a special place in my heart after the Sugar Creek staff's Friday Culver's runs. I love their fresh cut fries and BBQ Bacon Double Craver. It's just the right size to get a taste of beef and cheese yumminess and not stuff myself! The craver combo is only about $3.50! It's so cheap and delicious!
![]() |
| http://www.goodtimesburgers.com/ |
(Um. I kinda sound like a commercial.But it really is THAT good.)
I justify eating at Good Times because I know that they use "all natural beef" from Meyer Natural Angus (I love what they print on their wrappers which is something like "Our cows eat grass and don't drink or stay up all night") and cook their fries to order, so there's less waste and environmental impact comparatively to, say, Smicky Schmees. AND it's a Colorado company, so it's technically local.
So there. As long as I can keep my Good Times habit limited to Sunday lunch, I think it's okay.

Also reminds me of the days when we were kids going to New Song at the middle school, and we would have Arby's or other fast food after church was all packed up.
ReplyDeleteI'm still not cooking Sunday dinner! Except your Dad and I usually go for a sub or pick up a Papa Murphy's pizza to bake at home or occasionally eat at a regular restaurant these days. Once a week is OK, I guess. Better than every day for lunch! :)
ReplyDeleteHehehe.... I believe it's okay, Amy - as long as you're doing it conscientiously and are honest with your housemates about. Also- those burgers sound yummy and I'm definitely going to have to check them out if/when I come to visit you in Denver!!
ReplyDelete